CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Minggu, 25 November 2012

Date November 24, 2012 / Assignment I, for XI IPA 1


CONDITIONAL SENTENCES (PRESENT)
When you imagine a situation that is contrary to a present fact, you use a conditional sentence. In this case, use the following form:
MAIN CLAUSE
IF CLAUSE 
Would be + verb 1
Past form

Remember, the meaning is present, not past:
-          If I were you, I wouldn’t smoke.
Meaning : I’m not you; that’s why I don’t smoke.
-          Father would ask us to stop smoking if he were here.
Meaning : Of course father doesn’t ask us to stop smoking because he isn’t here.
-          If he didn’t have enough money, he couldn’t afford to go to a sanatorium to cure his lung cancer.
Meaning : Since he has enough money, he can afford to go to a sanatorium to cure his lung cancer.

Task!
Put the verb in the brackets into the correct forms.
  1. See, we are late. We (catch) the train if we (leave) earlier.
  2. What you (do) if you (have) a million dollars now?
  3. I miss him so much. If I (have) the chance to meet him, I (not; be) this desperate.
  4. We are lucky Reza is here now. If he (not; be) here, we (not; know) what to do.
  5. It’s too bad that it is raining. We (go) for a walk if it (not; rain)
  6. Look at the way she walks! She (be) able to walk faster if her shoes (not; have) such high heels.
  7. You are always tired. If you (not; go) to bed so late every night, you (not, be) tired all the time.
  8. Well, the new paint is quite good. But, it (make) a great difference to the room if he (paint) each wall a different color.
                                        
Rewrite the following sentences using the if construction.
  1. I am fat, that’s why I don’t look good in this style.
  2. This room is quite hot because it does not have an air conditioner.
  3. There are many accidents because people drive very fast.
  4. He doesn’t speak very clearly – that’s why people don’t understand him.
  5. You make so many mistakes because you don’t type slowly
  6. I always tell you – read the instructions carefully or you will answer the wrong questions.
  7. Well, if you want my advice, hmm. . . personally, I won’t go to mall.
  8. It’s too bad I don’t have much money – I can’t buy a new BMW
Answer the question. Use your wildest imagination.
How would your life be different if you. . .             
  1. Were a famous person
  2.  Were very rich?
  3.  Suffered from cancer?
  4. Were much more intelligent?
  5. Were 20 years older than now?
  6. Were the president of Indonesia?
  7. Were a lot better-looking?
  8. Had bad health?
  9. Were a doctor?
  10. Smoked a lot?

0 komentar: